What Documentation Is Required When Selling an Extended Property?

The buying and selling process can be extremely stressful, but often sellers will be at an advantage if they are offering an extended property for sale. This attractive addition can boost the price and capture a lot of interest. However, it’s important to have all the paperwork in place for your conveyancing solicitor so that the transaction is carried out smoothly and swiftly.

What Documents Do I Have to Produce?

If you have added a garage, a conservatory, a sun room or an upstairs bedroom, these extra documents will include a building regulations certificate, proof of planning permission, covenant consent and indemnity insurance.

Proof of planning permission must be demonstrated to the buyer to ensure that the appropriate approval has been given. A buyer will want to know that permission was given for the additional work, because homeowners can be held responsible for breaching the law despite not being the people responsible for the extension.

A building regulations certificate shows that the work has been carried out to a required standard. This is what a prospective buyer will ask for, and it’s a document that will have to be given to the conveyancing professional.

Without this documentation, you may find it challenging to sell the extended home. If you have misplaced the certificate, a copy can be obtained from the relevant buildings department of your local authority if they approved the additional work.

The Importance of Having Covenant Consent

Other paperwork that a buyer will want to see is consent of the covenant. It’s essential for sellers to be aware of the pitfalls of not having covenant consent. The deeds should be checked for a clause which outlines the need for permission to change the property, and it’s important to provide paperwork to show this.

People on the move can obtain conveyancing quotes from a range of professionals, including https://www.samconveyancing.co.uk/conveyancing-quote. According to Ideal Home, August is the busiest month to move house. As it’s the most popular time to move, it may mean you could pay over the odds for removal services or storage facilities.

Indemnity insurance should be in place, as this will protect property owners from the risk of court action from the council for breach of planning. These insurance policies are automatically transferred to the next homeowner, as they last the lifetime of the home.

Related Posts

What Actually Makes a Luxury Property “Luxury”?

If you are looking to buy a luxury home in beautiful Salt Lake City, there

Beal Properties Fills Chicago’s Rental Needs

The housing market of Chicago has been changing with the landscape of the city and

Tips for Finding Apartments in Cambridge

If you live in Cambridge, you know how difficult it can be to find luxury

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *